Data protection rules for users of Kinolife platform
- 1.1. These Rules are an official document and determine the method of processing and protecting information on the individuals using Kinolife web-site (hereinafter the Site) and its services (hereinafter the Users).
- 1.2. The purpose of these Rules is to ensure due protection of the user information, including personal data, from unauthorized access and disclosure.
- 1.3. The relations connected with the collection, storage, distribution and protection of the Site users information are governed by these Rules, other official documents of the Site Administration and effective Ukrainian legislation.
- 1.4. The current version of the Rules, which are a public document, is available to any Internet user by clicking the appropriate link titled “Privacy”. The Site Administration has the right to modify these Rules. In case changes are made to these Rules, the Site Administration shall notify the users by posting the new version of the Rules on the Site at the permanent address not later than 10 days before such changes become effective. The previous versions of the Rules are stored in the Site Administration’s documentation archive.
- 1.6. By registering and using the Site the User agrees with the conditions of these Rules.
- 1.7. In case the User disagrees with the conditions of these Rules, the use of the Site and its services must be stopped immediately.
2. Terms and conditions
- 2.1. By making available the Site and its services (hereinafter the Site Services), the Site Administration, acting reasonably and in good faith, believes that the User:
- has all necessary rights to register on and use this Site;
- provides true information about himself (herself) to the extent necessary for use of the Site Services;
- understands that the personal information posted by the User may become available to other Site Users and Internet users, be copied and disseminated by such users;
- understands that some types of information transferred by him / her to other Users cannot be deleted by the User himself / herself;
- is aware of and accepts these Rules and assumes the rights and obligations provided by these Rules.
- 2.2. The Site Administration does not check the user information received (collected), except where such check is necessary in order for the Site Administration to fulfill its obligations to the User.
3. Purposes of information processing
The Site Administration processes information on the Users, including their personal data, in order to fulfill the Site Administration’s obligations to the Users regarding use of the Site and its services. The Agreement with these Privacy terms means that the User gives “Kinolife” Ltd. the consent for collection, accumulation, storage and processing of his/her personal data.
4. User information
- 4.1. Users’ personal data
The Users’ personal data include:
- 4.1.1. data that are provided by the Users and are minimally necessary for registering on the Site: name, surname, sex, mobile phone number and/or e-mail, region, profession;
- 4.1.2. data that are provided by the Users using the edit section for their Site pages (including family status, date of birth, city, address, education details);
- 4.1.3. The Site Administration has the right to request that the User produce a copy of the identity document or another document containing the User’s name, surname, photograph as well as other additional information which, at the discretion of the Site Administration, is necessary and sufficient to identify such User and prevent abuses and infringements of third parties’ rights.
- 4.2. Other User information processed by the Site Administration
The Site Administration also processes other User information including:
- 4.2.1. standard data that are automatically received by the http-server when the User accesses the Site and takes further actions (IP-address of the host, type of the user’s operational system, Site pages visited by the User). Information containing the history of the User’s visits to the Site is available to the User in the My Settings / General / Your Page Security section;
- 4.2.3. information that is created by the users on the Site outside the page edit section.
- 4.2.4. information that is received as the result of the User’s actions on the Site. This User information can be available to all of the User's friends in the My News section in accordance with the User's settings;
5. Processing of the user information
- 5.1. The personal data are processed according to the following principles:
a) lawful purposes and methods of personal data processing;
b) good faith;
c) the purposes of personal data processing meet the purposes determined in advance and declared at the time of personal data collection as well as to the Site Administration’s powers;
d) the scope and nature of the personal data being processed and the methods of personal data processing meet the purposes of personal data processing;
e) it is unacceptable to unify personal data bases created for incompatible purposes.
- 5.1.1. Conditions and purposes of personal data processing.
The Site Administration processes the User’s personal data for the purpose of performance of the contract between the Site Administration and the User for the Site Services
- 5.1.2. Personal data collection.
The User’s personal data are collected on the Site at the time of registration and also subsequently as the User enters additional information about himself / herself on his / her own initiative, using the Site tools.
The personal data mentioned in clause 4.1.1 hereof are provided by the User and are minimally necessary for registration.
The personal data mentioned in clause 4.1.2 hereof are provided by the User additionally on his / her own initiative using the Edit tab in the My Page section.
- 5.1.3. Storage and use of personal data.
The Users’ personal data are stored only on electronic media and are processed with the use of automated systems, except where a non-automated processing of personal data is necessary in connection with legal requirements.
- 5.1.4. Transfer of personal data.
The Users’ personal data are not transferred to any third parties, except as expressly provided by these Rules.
If instructed or agreed so by the User, the User’s personal data may be transferred to the Site Administration’s third-party contractors, provided that such contractors assume confidentiality obligations, in particular, regarding use of applications.
The applications used by the Users on the Site are placed and supported by third parties (developers) which act independently and not on behalf of the Site Administration. The Users should familiarize themselves with the service rules and personal data protection policy of such third persons (developers) before beginning to use the applications.
The actions of such third parties (developers) are subject to the official document of the Site Administration, the Application Placement Conditions.
The Users’ personal data are provided on the request of government agencies (local self-government bodies) in such manner as provided by law.
- 5.1.5. Deletion of personal data.
The User’s personal data are deleted in case:
– the User himself / herself removes data from his / her personal page;
– the Site Administration removes the information posted by the User provided by the KINOLIFE Site Use Rules (sub-clauses 6.2.2 and 7.6).
- 5.1.1. Conditions and purposes of personal data processing.
- 5.2. The User determines on his / her own the confidentiality mode and conditions of access to the information mentioned in sub-clauses 4.2.3 – 4.2.5 hereof by means of appropriate settings. The Site Administration takes technical and organizational measures to ensure that the appropriate Site tools are functional.
6. User’s rights and obligations
- 6.1. The User has the right to:
- 6.1.1. access their information without restrictions and free of charge by loading his / her personal page on the Site with the use of login and password;
- 6.1.2. independently make changes and corrections to his / her information on the User’s personal page on the Site, provided that such changes and corrections contain up-to-date and true information;
- 6.1.3. remove his / her information from his / her personal page on the Site;
- 6.1.4. request that the Site Administration update, block or delete his / her personal data, if such data are incomplete, outdated, untrue, unlawfully received or are not necessary for the declared purpose of processing or if the actions specified in sub-clauses 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 hereof cannot be implemented independently;
- 6.1.5. request information from the Site Administration regarding the processing of his / her personal data.
- 6.2. As the Site is an all-in-one means of communication and search for people and the key function of the Site is to restore and maintain contacts with old and new acquaintances, the following information on the registered User is always available to any registered Site User:
- 6.2.1. User’s surname and name;
- 6.2.2. date of birth, profile photograph, city, name of the higher educational institution the User currently attends or has graduated from, year (planned year) of graduation from the higher educational institution, name of the university faculty the User currently attends or has graduated from, and the User’s entries in the microblog (“Wall”), if the User has posted this information on the Site in the My Page section;
- 6.2.3. information on the User’s subscriptions and subscribers;
- 6.2.4. list of the User’s friends, except the limited list of friends the User preferred to hide.
7. Users’ information protection measures
- 7.1. The Site Administration takes technical, organizational and legal measures to ensure that the User’s personal data are protected from unauthorized or accidental access, deletion, modification, blocking, copying, dissemination as well as from other unauthorized actions.
- 7.2. Access to the Site is authorized using the User’s login (e-mail address or mobile phone number) and password. The User is responsible for keeping this information confidential. The User may not transfer his / her login and password to third parties and is also obliged to take measures for keeping them confidential.
8. Limitation of the Rules applicability
These Rules do not apply to the actions and Internet resources of third parties.
The Site Administration bears no liability for the actions of third parties which as the result of using the Internet or the Site Services obtained access to the User information in accordance with the confidentiality level selected by the User, for the consequences of use of the information which, due to the Site nature, is available to any Internet user. The Site Administration recommends that the Users take a responsible approach to the scope of their information posted on the Site.
9. Users’ inquiries
- 9.1. The Users have the right to send their inquiries to the Site Administration, including inquiries regarding the use of the personal data to the e-mail adress: email@example.com in the form of an electronic document.
- 9.2. The User’s inquiry must contain the following information:
- number of the principal identity document of the User or his / her representative;
- date of issue of the above document and the issuing authority;
- information confirming the User’s participation in relations with the operator (in particular, the number of the User’s id);
- signature of the User or his / her representative.
- 9.3. The Site Administration undertakes to consider and respond to the User’s inquiry within 30 days after it is received.
- 9.4. All correspondence received by the Site Administration from the Users (written or electronic inquiries) is classified as restricted-access information and may not be disclosed without the User’s written consent. The personal data and other information on the User who sent the inquiry may not be used without the User’s special consent for any purpose other than for response to the inquiry, except as expressly provided by law.